Saturday, December 10, 2011

DIY Christmas Card Holder

I don't know about you, but I hate taping Christmas cards to my walls. So after spending a few minutes of nap time searching Pinterest (yes, just a few minutes...not the whole hour long nap...no, I never spend THAT much time sucked into the wonderful world that is that website!) I got inspired.


Ta-Dah!

One 11 x 14 canvas ($1.99 at Pat Catans), one 25 pack of clothes pins ($1.79), and some paint and ribbon and I think it turned out quite alright!

I painted the canvas with light green, then painted the one side of the clothes pins with holiday green and holiday red (no lie, that's the name on the colors I bought for $0.50 each today)


Dip the back of the paint brush into the paint and you have an instant dot painter...but stripes would look equally cute. I was home with Mr. Man alone today so he wasn't really feeling me taking too much time away from making silly faces and playing peek-a-boo to do stripes on mine.

Then once everything is dry hot glue the clothes pins on, using the metal piece as a guide so theyre all even and thats pretty much it!


At a total cost of around $5 it sure beats the $50 one that I saw on etsy! Plus, while it was drying I got to stick my kid in his stocking and take his picture :)


Gah, those eyes...just like his daddy!

11 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!! I'll have to try that. Thanks for sharing (and the baby is adorable!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really cute! I love using clothespins in unexpected ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for linking up with me at the perfect line. Returning the favor and following you back via GFC :)

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so cute and so easy! His outfit is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable...and the craft isn't bad either. I love clothespins too. I'm a new follower. Stop by and enter to win my Heirloom ornament...only 1 day left to enter. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it!!! I'm the girl who always tapes her cards to the door frames, so this would totally work for me. I bought a holder, but it only holds 10 cards! Might have to try this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute closepins! Great idea for displaying those Christmas cards. Sweet baby in a stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy and Sweet-perfect!I would love if you stopped over to link up at Get Schooled Saturday a Too Much Time on my Hands!

    http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/12/get-schooled-saturday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi congrats on being the super stalker sunday featured blog!! :) I'm following u on GFC now.. pls connect bk with me on my blog's GFC too. thanks and keep in touch!

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    Weekly: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  10. it turned out really cute..i would like to keep it in mind and will use it for the design of Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)