Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!

Hubs is working nights this week- we've seen each other a total of about 1.5 hours each day since Monday. I keep telling myself its only a week, but truth be told it sucks. It sucks and I am tired, y'all.

I don't know how single parents do it- or the parents who work opposite shifts.

It doesn't help that I'm already a light sleeper now that Grayson has decided its super fun to roll over in his crib at night. Only problem is he wakes up when he does it.  If you catch him quick enough he will go back to sleep, so I have the monitor cranked up so loud I swear I can hear him stretch.  That combined with two dogs who NEVER bark suddenly going spastic when a dust bunny hops makes for little sleep for this girl.

Seriously, we could go to Hawaii with the bags under my eyes.

Yesterday was also my 27th birthday.

I thought it was going to be a pretty miserable day, but its amazing how people make you feel loved.

My Momma surprised me with a waffle with a candle in it and a new pair of Coach dress shoes in the morning. My kiddos brought me cards, a crown and each class serenaded me with a loud rocking version of Happy Birthday (my ears were bleeding- even the principals came in to sing along).  My favorite co-workers and best friends got me a cake (which may or may not have been my birthday dinner) and a Macy's gift card. The hubs bought me a tons of presents and Grayson boy gave me a card and these babies.

The Elsa Peretti Bean Earrings from Tiffany's.

That's right, my baby Bean bought me beans.

I sure do love that kid. And the Dad he has that paid for these babies.

So turning 27 wasn't as bad as I thought- and I still get to celebrate with friends this weekend.

But please, no more singing....my ears still hurt.



2 comments:

  1. I am a new follower from the Super Stalker Hop. I look forward to reading your posts in the future.

    Randi
    regal-rhino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I'm a new follower via Super Stalker. I'd love a follow back at dollopsofdiane.com!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)