Wednesday, July 4, 2012

First Birthday Inspiration!

Okay, so I know its July and Grayson Boy doesn't turn one until September- but I would be lying if I didn't tell you I've already been planning for like two months.

What can I say, I love me a party with a theme.

Since Grayson was born I was wondering what I would do for his first birthday- the possibilities were endless.  Until of course, Grayson became obsessed with Super Why.

Then it became clear, this is his favorite thing ever- it needs to be his birthday.

So here's a little of my inspiration- sources listed from L to R top to bottom.


1. I fully believe a party is won and lost in the details. One detail I am drooling over are theres Celebrate Stamped Wooden Spoons from Sofies Big Day on Etsy.  Gah. These are so cute, I cant stand it. I love handmade touches like this, its that little something extra that no one expects. Everything she makes is amazingly cute, and really affordable. I want these, along with her super cute striped paper straws.  Sofie is the way to go if youre looking for straws, popcorn bags, twine or candy cups as well. Do yourself a favor and go check out her creative genius.

2. I bought a wooden high chair to paint so that we could take first birthday pictures like this- I love the bright colored chair (which will also make an appearance at the party) in the natural setting. This amazing redo was done by Katie over at Loves of Life. Check out her sweet blog here!

3. Every Super Why Party needs a book club! This idea, along with the capes in picture 8, came from Katie over at Kate's Kitchen.  She had a super cute Super Why party for her little guys 1/2 birthday and it came off brilliantly! The capes are a must make, as I have already bought the fabric.  Each child will have their own initial on the back of their cape so that they can all be super heroes.

4. I used to love having my picture taken in wooden cut outs- so I knew I wanted one for Graysons party. This is one possible idea that came from Chrissie over at Clever Faeries. She threw an adorable Princess Presto Tea Party for her beautiful little girl. Now I just need to find someone with some art skills to paint something like this...cause this Momma only does stick figures.

5.  How awesome are these? Super hero face cupcake toppers from Shelly over at Bug and Boo on Etsy. I can't wait for her to come back from vacation so I can order these- I wasn't even planning on having cupcakes until I saw these.

6. Cake inspiration found on Pinterest with no link home- see the pin here.

7. Another cake inspiration picture from Luisa Maria found on Cake Central. The cake is actually the part of the party that I have the least control over. My amazingly talented and beautiful friend Julie will be creating it, and Ive pinned a few photos for inspiration and I'm leaving it up to her.  She made my super sweet baby shower cake, so if you check that out here, you'll understand why I'm not worried at all.

So here's my starting point. I know I have a long way to go, but Ill get there. I just need to figure out invites, center pieces, food...oh heck. A lot.  If you have any ideas, please feel free to share them with me! Or if by chance you happen to create custom invites, shoot me an email as I'm trying to find the perfect ones!


1 comment:

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)