Tuesday, July 23, 2013

If I could be anything in the world...

I'm a day late on my link up with Becky for her 52 weeks of blogging with a purpose. This week is all about what would I be if I could be anything in the world...and its a fun one!
 
 
 
If I could be anything in the world...I really think that I would be me. 
 
When I was little and was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I always said a teacher. I achieved that goal, I am a teacher. Twice over. I get to teach my little guy everyday, currently today we're working on why we can't ride the dog like a pony and why it isn't acceptable to drink from the dogs water bowl. It's rewarding and fun for sure- but that's not the kind of teaching I was talking about. I  have a B.S. in Biology and a Masters in Education to teach high school science. I get to spend my days in room 207 teaching teenagers cool things about the way the world and their own bodies work.  I love my job, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else for a living. I not only get to teach them science, but also things like manners, respect and valuable life lessons. I get to teach all levels of kids, from special education students to gifted kids and I make each one of them work hard. Some of them think I over work them, but ask any kid who has ever had me and they will tell you I care more about them as little people than the score they get on a test. Contrary to popular belief, I do not stop working at 3. I bring papers home to check, prepare lessons for the next day by reading my chapters while I'm making dinner, and answer emails at 9 PM. Sure I get weekends and summers off- but keep in mind I've already been to work three times this summer to get ready for next year. I easily work well over 40 hours a week during the school year, and my work spills over into the summer as well. I'm okay with that, because I love what I do. But please don't ever tell me I have an easy job- because if you saw the kids I teach, you would not agree.
 
 
 
I also knew I wanted to be a Mom. Grayson made that dream a reality. He keeps me on my toes and drives me insane but I really would not trade him for anything. Because when he's attempting to scale the tv stand or slide down the stairs on his belly and I'm just about to tell him to stop before Mommy looses it; he comes over and wraps his little arms around me and gives me a big, wet kiss. He fits perfectly into our family and gives all of us more joy than we ever knew we could have. I think he's perfect, even when he gives me gray hairs. Some days I think there is no way I'm going to have another, and other days I cant wait to give him a sibling. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it- but for now, I'm content being this little man's Momma.
 
 
Are there things I wouldn't mind tweaking about my life? Sure! I always tell the kids when they are demanding things they "want" that I want to be a size four and a millionaire, but guess what else isn't happening today. It throws them off because I'm joking with them, and that's the torture part I always talk about. It's true though, I would like to be a smaller size. I was a size four when I met my husband. Now I'm not. I'm working on it, but it's going to take awhile to get there and I may never. As long as I am healthy I'm okay with it.
 
I also wouldn't mind having the cash to pay off student loans. I don't need to be a millionaire, just enough to get the balance on those bills to zero would be more than enough.  They will get there, eventually, one way or another.
 
I'm pretty happy with my life, and the things that I want to change about it- I can. I've got an amazing husband, a perfect little guy, the best friends around and a job I love. Not many people can say that I really wouldn't trade me for the world.
 
What would you be if you could be anything in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)