Friday, January 10, 2014

Five on Friday!

Linking up with Darci for Five on Friday!



1. I bought my first expensive pair of running shoes yesterday. Holy crap was that painful. I've never spent that much on a pair of shoes in my life. Clearance rack shopper for life, yo.

I was teasing the hubs that I have no choice but to run a marathon in these suckers to get my money's worth- I think he may still be laughing at my reasoning.

2. Midterms start next week and so I will be spending this weekend writing two midterms and cursing the fact that I didn't get it done sooner. I always have the best intentions to get them written and together early, but it never works out. Plus, if you are a teacher or know a teacher you know how crazy the end of any grading period can be. Throw in writing and double/triple/quadruple checking not one but two 200 point exams and it seriously makes me hate life for a few days.

3. Today it was 43 degrees. I'm pretty sure that the last time it was 43 I was bundled in my old lady parka with a scarf and my hood up.  The thing is, it was down to -30 with the wind chill on Monday. Today I wore a dress to work and you know what, it felt kind of balmy.  Mother nature gave us a bit of cold weather perspective, I suppose. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the little break with school being closed on Tuesday AND a two hour delay on Wednesday due to extreame cold. However, I am over being cold so spring can hurry its sweet self along at any time now. 


4. Speaking of our impromptu "cold" day, Grayson and I certainly made the most of it.  We stayed in our jammies and watched cartoons, ate breakfast in bed, opened some new toys that I had stashed away from Christmas and had a living room dance party.  The older that kid gets the harder he makes it to leave him to go to work in the mornings, because staying home is just a heck of a lot of fun. 

5. Its been 10 days and I haven't missed a day yet of drinking a smoothie for breakfast. Usually I eat a waffle and wash it down with a Coke, so this is by far a vast improvement.  I start with a banana and some spinach, toss in some berries and greek yogurt and blend away.  I'm not a big veggie eater, so sneaking in some this way seems like a pretty legit idea.  A friend at work told me you can blend in some broccoli and kale and not taste a thing. I don't know if I'm brave enough to try that yet, but if anyone has any good smoothie recipes I'm willing to give them a shot (just be honest, don't tell me they taste great and they really taste like dirt!).

 

7 comments:

  1. I love the running shoes! They will be worth it, for sure! :) And yay for the smoothie and good eating! I'm a Coke addict, to the core. I'm trying to cut back to just one a day! That's progress for me! And I love the cold weather! :) Hope you get your midterms done! Am stopping by from Five on Friday and am your newest follower!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love the smoothies for breakfast! I am so failing at that currently. I am also trying to make green juices. :-/ Visiting from #SITStribe

    ReplyDelete
  3. They’re very convincing and can certainly work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the valuable information you provide
    in your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Valuable info. Lucky me I found your website by accident. I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)