Monday, February 24, 2014

Mom Guilt- and getting over it.

So the hubs came home on Tuesday night and not a moment too soon. Single parent hood is not for me, even if this week we realized that Daddy is the one who makes the messes around our house.
 
After spending a whole week with Grayson he has become sort of attached at my hip, like lost it when I dropped him off at Nanas to go to work attached. Normally? The kid tells me to 'GO!' and waves bye faster than I can get his coat off of him. However after a full week of not being able to pee or shower alone this Momma was ready for a little break.  So Thursday night I went to Zumba- alone, for one whole glorious butt kicking hour. As I was walking out the door my kid was inconsolable in tears. Worst Mom Ever, right here.
 
Lovelies, it took all I had to walk down those steps and get into my car.  In reality? I knew he would be fine with his Dad .2 seconds after I walked out of the house. But when a certain blonde haired blue eyed boy is asking me to sit on the couch with him and says "No go, Mama?" Its really hard to leave him. I get this gnawing feeling in my gut, and I know its Mom Guilt.
 
Can we all just agree that Mom Guilt sucks hardcore?
 
In reality, we know our kids will be fine and they don't really need us there but when they want us and we choose (or have to be) somewhere else it seems like the worst feeling in the entire universe.
 
And when I decided to attend a girls night on Friday night with some of the best ladies in the world, I felt even worse. However I knew that if I didn't get out of the house and have some "me time" I would lose my head. So I went, and I had a great time. 
 
Its easy to say that one of the hardest parts of this Mom-Gig is trying to figure out the balance between Grayson time and Me time, and dealing with the dreaded Mom Guilt when I do need a little time to myself. 
 
So tell me ladies, how do you deal with the Mom Guilt? 

1 comment:

  1. Ughh, Mom Guilt, we talk about it all the time in our circle of friends. It's like a suitcase you are always dragging around!! Work / Stay at home, more opportunities if you work for the family and for the human, but more special bonding if you don't work. Going out is the worst kinda guilt in the world, all the way round, leaving the human, leaving the hubs, when you could actually be spending time with the hubs, cause there is already so little time ...... I think we would rule the world if we found a cure for this guilt thing for sure! It is so good to know that it is not only in my circle that this is going around though.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)